Holding Space for Pregnancy Loss
Workshop, catered lunch, and special music experience
TO REGISTER CLICK HERE
Holding Space for Pregnancy Loss (HSPL) was created by Amy Wright Glenn, founder of the Institute for the Study of Birth, Breath, and Death. As a Perinatal Mental Health Therapist and Grieving Mother, Camille will compassionately and wisely prepare participants to more confidently and clearly hold space for one of life’s most painful and devastating losses.
HSPL is specifically geared toward Pregnancy, Birth, and Postpartum Professionals and Volunteers: Birth Doulas, Therapists, Nurses, Midwives, Ministers, OBGYNs, Fertility Specialists, Birth Photographers , Prenatal Yoga Teachers, Prenatal Massage Therapists, Funeral Home Directors, End-of-life Care Professionals, and Bereaved Parent Peer Supporters and Activists. Although origianlly created for providers, anyone who feels they would benefit from learning this material is welcome! (see below for who should take this training)
Facilitator Camille Hawkins will guide participants through a heartfelt analysis of three key components central to holding space for grieving mothers and their families:
- The Companioning Model of Grief Support
- How to Identify & Strengthen Support Networks
- Using Ritual for Grieving and Healing
In addition to the workshop, participants will recieve:
- Catered Lunch from Corelife Eatery
- Special Music Experience
- A Certificate of Completion for 5 hours of Continuing Education
- A PDF Document that includes the Resources and Quotations from the Workshop (sent via email)
- Networking Contact Info of Class Participants (may opt out of being on this list)
- Discounted Membership to the Institute for the Study of Birth, Breath, and Death
- Access to a Facebook Group (with 350+ members) for Holding Space for Pregnancy Loss Past Participants (this will allow you to join conversations, share resources, and network with those who are engaged in this meaningful work)
About the Teacher: Camille Hawkins, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, is the Founder of the Utah Infertility Resource Center. She specializes in Reproductive and Maternal Mental Health. Camille comes to this profession with her own story of love, infertility, miscarriage, adoption, and stillbirth and is passionate about serving her community. She became a teacher for The Institute to honor her stillborn daughter, Everly Camille.
Cost: Registration is $158 plus a $6 processing fee. Lunch can be provided for $11 or you can bring your own lunch. A limited number of partial scholarships/sliding-fee scale spots are available. Contact email@example.com to inquire.
Payment: If you prefer to pay by venmo (@camille-hawkins-5) or a check to avoid fees, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CEUs: 5 Social Work CEU credits have been approved by NASW Utah. Birth Arts International offers 5 CEUs to members who successfully complete this training and DONA International certified doulas also have approved the training for CEUs.
Lunch Hour: I will put in a lunch order for those who choose the lunch option, or you can bring your own lunch.
Refund Policy: Please note there are no refunds. In the event of a birth for providers, your registration may be transferred to the next class taught. If a conflict arises, you may receive a refund or transfer your registration to a future class if you are able to fill your spot. Please contact with questions.
Who Should Take This Training? The training will be beneficial if the Following Applies to You:
- you serve, support, assist, or work with women during pregnancy and postpartum periods
- you haven’t received dedicated training for encountering and processing pregnancy loss and infant death
- you have done some training and would like some additional perspectives and materials to support your work
- you want to feel confident assisting a woman, her partner and family during a time of infertility, pregnancy loss, or infant death
- you think it might be beneficial to reflect on your own experiences with loss, death, and grief as you work to provide the best care for those who are grieving
- you wish to connect with the compassionate and skilled caregivers in your commmunity to grow your support network
- you are excited to learn about various resources for grief, loss, and bereavement in order to better serve a grieving client, colleague, or friend
Questions: Email email@example.com for additional questions.
TO REGISTER CLICK HERE